Wednesday, September 7, 2011

GPS

I made my first trip driving on my own to Fort Worth, last year with my four boys.  In order to make the trip I had to use a GPS navigator for directions.  For those who don’t know, GPS stands for Global Positioning System and is a means of precisely determining your position by measuring the time it takes satellite signals to reach the surface of the Earth. In order to use the GPS navigator, you give it your starting point and your final destination. These devices are so sophisticated that they can give you turn by turn directions.  If you miss a turn (or two or three) like I did the good thing is it recalculates its position to get you back on track.  I made so many wrong turns it seemed as if electronic lady’s voice programmed in the system was getting frustrated, but after missing the turns the detours that the GPS navigator gave me allowed to make it safely to my destination.
 
This was amazing to me because Children of God have their GPS (God Positioning Spirit).  With every missed turn that we make in our lives God recalculates our direction to get us on the right path.  We may have made some bad decisions in doing things that take us off the path of God. For example, falling for the things of the world, following our flesh such as sexual immorality, or anything that detours our walk with God.  We have to allow God to reposition us when we get lost, and let Him bring us back to him through His Word.  In Psalms 119:105 its says “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.”
 
Obedience and faith is so important in walking our path.  For whatever reason, I was the one who didn’t heed to the directions, whether it was because of distractions or leaning to my own understanding.  It was me doing my own thing that caused me to miss the turns because the directions given by the GPS (God Positioning Spirit) flawless.  As soon as I knew I was off track I looked to the GPS and carefully followed the directions turn by turn to get me back to the path I had before me.
 
We all miss turns or make wrong turns, or even try to find our own way. By leaning to my own understanding I got myself off track.  In Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) it says “ Trust in the LORD with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy path.”   Trust me, after learning this the hard way I beg you to please heed to the directions GPS (God Positioning Spirit) it saves time and unnecessary detours in your life.
 
God Bless
 

No comments:

Post a Comment